12.8W Real Power LED Street Light Solar PCB Board Design and
Solar street lights are raised light sources which are powered by
solar panels generally mounted on the lighting structure or
integrated in the pole itself. The solar panels charge a
rechargeable battery, which powers a fluorescent or LED lamp during
Most solar lights turn on and turn off automatically by sensing
outdoor light using solar panel voltage. Solar streetlights are
designed to work throughout the night. Many can stay lit for more
than one night if the sun is not available for a couple of days.
Older models included lamps that were not fluorescent or LED. Solar
lights installed in windy regions are generally equipped with flat
panels to better cope with the winds.
3.2V Lithium iron phosphate battery
Photovoltaic panel spec
- Solar street lights are independent of the utility grid. Hence, the operation costs are minimized.
- Solar street lights require much less maintenance compared to
conventional street lights.
- Since external wires are eliminated, risk of accidents are
- This is a non polluting source of electricity
- Separate parts of solar system can be easily carried to the remote
- It allows the saving of energy and also cost.